July 15, 2018
A Matter of Trust – Psalm 34:19
Main Point: We should strive to trust God more by humbling ourselves and focusing on Him.
Worry – a state of anxiety and uncertainty over actual or potential problems
Why do we worry?
- Ultimately, it’s because we don’t believe God and His promises.
- We don’t trust Him.
So, why is that?
- We use the wrong filters.
- We’ve been burned by people, and we equate this with God.
- We get distracted by stuff.
- We become overwhelmed.
So, how do we break a lifetime of worrying?
- We begin to change our filters.
- We begin to remind ourselves that God is our rock and is incomparable.
- We begin to re-prioritize.
- We begin again every day.
By Jeramy Chapman