August 16, 2015
Beware of lifeless spirituality.
Lifeless Spiritual Experience:
- Ecstasy: an artificial emotional high (Apply: be prepared for God’s Spirit to take us through some lows.)
- Autopilot: a completed state of higher spiritual perfection (Apply: Be mindful that we are all in process and vulnerable.)
- Self-effort: a matter of trying harder (Apply: Be careful not to move beyond the gospel.)
Challenge: Who is driving my life?
- Who? the filling of the Spirit is relational, not procedural.
- What’s happening in my life that makes sense only by spiritual work?